Yesterday morning I was instructed by the clinic to do blood draw labs in order to test my hormone levels. More specifically, they wanted to measure my Estradiol, LH, and Progesterone levels in order to see if I ovulated. Now normally I'd go to Quest who will have the results to me the next day, but today I really needed the results ASAP! I called everywhere trying to find a lab that would process the results the same day and just when I was going to give up I found one! I was so excited that I flew out the door at 7am to get there right when it opened only to find out when I got there that the customer service rep on the phone had lied to me. They did not process the labs same day. It would take three days! [Enter cuss word here] Well I huffed out of that place annoyed as all heck that I drove clear across town and trucked it on over to Quest where I usually go. I guess I'd just have to wait a day for the results as usual and hope that the clinic, agency, and travel coordinator would all be available this weekend to coordinate my travel. Way to stress a girl out!
In the meantime I packed all of our stuff for the trip. I knew no matter what, we were most likely leaving in the next day or two. At least it kept my mind busy. In addition we had Riley's first swim lesson and went to get Reagan's hair cut. Yay for distractions! I also kept a steady stream of emails going back and forth with Belle, so at least I had someone to stress with me. Haha!
Fast forward a few hours to yesterday afternoon. It was almost closing time on the east coast and a miracle happened. I was cleared for travel!!!! Based on the one test that the lab could get same day results on, the clinic was able to finalize my calendar and release me for travel. Yay!!!!!! You would think the stress would end there but it didn't. Not by a long shot.
Booking travel was quite the task. It probably would have been easy, but we're bringing our girls with us to meet Belle and visit NYC. We're paying for their flights using our American Airlines miles, while the agency pays for my flight and Brian's flight. Unfortunately American Airlines flights were way too expensive at this point for the agency to pay for. We'd have to fly United. We ended up splitting up with Reagan and I on the United flights while Brian and Riley took the American Airlines flights. It wasn't easy finding flights that kind of left at the same time, at the same airports, both coming and going. In the end I'll get there 4 hours earlier than Brian. Whoo hoo! At least we have the faster flight. He did book first class for them though. Boo! I want to fly first class! No champaign and warm towelettes for me.
So that's where we are right now. We woke up at 4am to jump on a flight to New York. We're a day earlier than we should be. I wanted to give us the most time to spend with Belle while we're there. Our flight gets in at 5pm and we'll drive over to our hotel in Connecticut. Tomorrow we'll meet up with Belle to visit the Statue of Liberty and the Cake Boss bakery. Monday I'll have monitoring (ultrasound and bloodwork) one last time before the transfer. After that we're heading out with Belle again to NYC. This time we'll check out Central Park and the zoo. Tuesday or Wednesday is the transfer depending on how the embryos do on the thaw (they are frozen right now). Bed rest after the transfer. Then we fly back home Thursday morning. Phew! This is going to be a crazy fun week!!!!!!
Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed
*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*